About the NBMA
The Northwest Biosolids Management Association (NBMA) was formed in May 1987 by representatives of 14 Washington State municipalities and sewer districts.
Board of Directors
The association is guided by an elected board of directors. The board is structured so that each year, approximately one third of the Board are elected to a three-year term. There are 21 director positions total.
The NBMA is organized into committees that are responsible for coordinating activities and implementing Association goals:
- Annual Conference Planning Committee
- Biosolids Quality Committee
- Continual Improvement Systems Committee
- Information & Education Committee
- Regulation Development Committee
- Research & Demonstration Committee
- Be the Pacific Northwest regional voice for biosolids
- Share historic and current knowledge and issues
- Advance the knowledge of biosolids management through collaboration with research institutions
- Increase the use of biosolids products and broaden beneficial use markets by understanding customer needs
- The NBMA has developed educational folders, fact sheets, a video, kiosks, public service announcements, a website and a monthly e-newsletter to share information about biosolids recycling. Members have staffed booths, distributed print materials, given presentations, attended public meetings and given tours.
- The Association has sponsored annual conferences, Field Days, a forest symposium, numerous workshops, general membership meetings, committee meetings and presentations.